We pray you have had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year! As 2018 begins we cannot help but be extremely thankful to YOU for choosing Historic Stonebrook for your event. Your patronage allows us to preserve our family farm for future generations. That is a humbling thought for us. We consider it a privilege to serve you and we are always praying for new ways to bless you. This has led us to make some big upgrades to our current and future rentals. Hold on...we hope you are blown away!
New Additions for 2018:
- The purchase of new rustic wood chairs (for inside use) to be included with all rentals. These are scheduled to be available in early May. If they are available sooner, we will let you know! Photos of these chairs will be sent out as soon as they are available. We can't wait for the big reveal!
- The addition of handmade rustic barn wood tables to match the rustic wood chairs. These are also scheduled to be available at the beginning of May. We are designing and hand-making each of these tables. More details to come - but they will seat at least 8 people and will be set up in three long "family style" rows in the large part of the Barn. No linens needed! Just add a garland of eucalyptus or a burlap runner for the perfect Pinterest look!
- When you arrive for your event the wood farm tables and the wood chairs will already be out and ready to go. This eliminates the need for table and chair set-up by your group. If you prefer round tables please let us know and we can figure out a plan to meet your needs!
- If your event is prior to May (when the wood chairs arrive), you will be permitted to use our (180) White Resin chairs free of charge!
- We are adding an official "Historic Stonebrook" sign that will be visible as you enter the property. This will be done in our typical fashion; up-cycling a beautiful antique wood sign (see photo below for the before) and hanging it from a tree with uplighting! We are also adding better directional signs and signs identifying each of the buildings. This should help your guests know where to go!
Updates Made in 2017:
For the wedding of the 5th and final Tyson kid (on July 1st, 2017) we went all out! We added hundreds of cafe style lights over the "barn yard" area - they are magical at night and they will remain up for your event! We also cut a door into our silo to reveal the "secret garden" of natural vegetation. It is the perfect spot for a first look or a spot for your guests to relax during your event.
Wedding Rental Updates:
- All (180) White Resin Ceremony chairs are now included in all wedding rentals for outside ceremonies! We are thrilled about this and we hope you are too! Your group will still be responsible to set-up the ceremony chairs the day of the wedding unless you pay for Historic Stonebrook staff to set them up at $2 each chair.
- The "Milkhouse" Groom's Suite is now included in all wedding rentals. The Bridal Cottage remains available for rent at $250. The Milkhouse Suite is a perfect option if you don't want to rent the Bridal Cottage. It is available from 8 am until midnight the day of your wedding.
Other Property Updates:
Sadly the Emerald Ash Borer has begun claiming the lives of many of the large Ash trees on our property (and in all of the Northeastern USA, click here!). This winter we are having to make the difficult decision to take down 5 large ash trees - for safety reasons. You may notice a slightly different landscape behind the Barn as these Ash trees are taken down and replaced with new plantings. Rest assured - the large "Big Ash" tree where most ceremonies are held is being preserved and treated. It is the healthiest of all our ash trees and although we believe it already has the Emerald Ash Borer, we are treating it in an effort to extend it's life as long as possible. A photo of this tree is attached for reference. Again - it is staying at least through the entire 2018 wedding season.
- In the past two years we have planted well over 100 trees on the property including lining our parking lot with a hedge of "green giants", Princeton Elms in the center aisle of the parking lot, adding a fast-growing Dawn Redwood near the corner of the Triple Corn Crib (where the trash goes), lining the left side of the driveway with beautiful Sunset Maples and numerous groupings of many, many other beautiful arboreal varieties. If you are a tree person let us know and we can give you the grand tour!
Could you help us out? We love serving your group! Help us serve you even better by doing the following:
- When it's time for your event, please tag us on social media! Instragram: @historicstonebrook and Facebook page: @historicstonebrook or @stonebrookfarm. We also love to see your professional photos once you receive them. Please email your photographer's download link to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may just see yourself on our website!
- Finally - once your event is over, would you mind helping us improve? Send us a private email of what we can do better! And if you have lots of good things to say, please-oh-please review us on Facebook, Google or theknot.com. Reviews are so important in this business and yours makes a huge difference for our little farm!
As always - it is truly a pleasure to serve you!
May God bless your 2018 to be the best year yet!
Scott and Barb Tyson & Seth and Abby Bryan
Proverbs 3:10 "...then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine."